The Konica Minolta bizhub C454 and C554 succeeds the older C452 and C552. These newer models feature Konica Minolta’s INFO-Palette Design control panel, which consist of a 9″ color screen that has a touch-and-swipe functionality commonly found on mobile devices. You can customize commonly-used workflows right on the screen. Also new to this family is an increased scanning speed on their optional document feeders – the single-pass dual-scan document feeder scans up to 160ppm duplex. The C454 has a speed of 45ppm in both black and color and has 5.5 seconds (color) first copy time. The C554 runs at 55ppm in both modes and 4.6 seconds of first copy time in color. Both machines offer standard printing, copying, scanning and optional faxing.
Note that Konica Minolta offers PostScript and advanced scanning features in the base price when comparing to some rivals who make you pay for them as optional updates.
The controller uses a 1.2GHz processor and comes with 2GB of memory and a 250GB hard disk drive. PostScript and PCL printing support are standard, along with XPS printing.
Konica Minolta continues to improve its already strong color copier/MFP line with frequent upgrades, especially utilizing its newest INFO-Palette design. These powerful and nicely featured models are well worth considering for a large department or a production market.
- High-speed 45 ppm print/copy output in high-resolution B&W
- Dual scanning at up to 160 opm in both color and B&W for document capture
- Built-in Emperon print system with PCL6/PS3 emulation, native XPS
- Large 9” color display – makes the multifunction copier as simple to operate as a familiar tablet
- Multi-touch functions: swipe, drag, double-tap, toggle, pinch
- Transparent menus, customizable icons, improved soft keyboards
- Integrated software control for legal, healthcare, education and government